welcome to mahshid's blog

Friday, March 10, 2006

Hi! My name is Mahshid Bahmani. I am 20 years old and I'm student of fourth semester of English literature in Al-Zahra University, located in Tehran, Iran. I'm either from Tehran. I'm proud of being an Iranian. I love my home and I hope to be a useful person for Iranian society.
My hobbies are going out with my friends, reading different books and poems and doing different sports. I'm glad that I have a chance to show my articles about different issues to every one and I thank my dear teacher Dr. Susan Marandi for providing this situation for me and my other class mates. Here I'm going to tell some thing about my city, Tehran.
Tehran is situated in the north part of Iran, on the slop of the Alborz Mountain. As the national capital, it is the most populated city in Iran and the centre of cultural, economical, political and social activities. In the recent years the municipality of Tehran has taken great measures to increase the number of recreational facilities, including parks, stadiums, theaters, museums, art centers, cultural centers and etc.

Tehran, as Iran's show case and historical capital city has a wealth of cultural attractions such as Golestan palace, Takht e Marmar, solymanieh palace, Baharestan palace, Morvarid palace, and etc.
Some of the important museums are national museum of Iran, Sa'dabad palaces, The Carpet museum of Iran, Niavaran palace, Darabad Nature and wild life museum and etc.
Tehran is pleasant, it derives it's originality from its dry climate, always cool in the evening, the nearness of the mountain and its numerous parks and gardens.
The Alborz range separates the central area from the Caspian Sea, the only part of the country where the rain full is plentiful. The highest peak in the country, Mt. Damavand, is an extinct volcano covered in snow for most of the years.
Tochal is the world's fifth highest ski resort at over 3730m at its highest 7th station.Tochal 7th station has skiing eight months of the year. In winter, the mountain hotels and ski-clubs at Shemshak and Dizine are fully several days a week. Some expert skier's people consider the snow quality in north Tehran to be one of the best in the world. Have enjoyable time in Tehran.

http://tehran.stanford.edu
































1 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger S. Susan Marandi said...

Nice description! :-) And I'm glad you like blogging!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home